My confusing ,yet satisfying review of Ubuntu Desktop

 My journey of migrating to Ubuntu Desktop from elementaryOS

Introduction

After 6 months of using Elementary OS as my main operating system, found the little bugs and issues as big inconveniences as I was wasting time trying to fix them. So I bit the bullet and chose to install Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. Here is my experiences

Issues from ElementaryOS 

ElementaryOS is a wonderfully made Linux distro with beautiful UI (Pantheon) which makes it an easy selection for a ex-Mac user. Beautifully crafted curated apps, and gesture based operation makes work on it wonderful. But I met some bugs that broke my interests.


  • Not able to extract files quicky
  • Lack of windows gestures or comlicated
  • Dark mode not working properly
  • Default apps not working as configured
  • AMD graphics driver issues
  • Windows tilling doesnt work properly.

So I came to the conclusion of 


Comments

Popular Posts